Job Title: Portfolio Manager – Risk / CRE Credit
Department: Credit CRE
Location: Cleveland, OH
Summary of the Position:
The Commercial Real Estate (CRE) Credit Risk Portfolio Manager assists the relationship managers with the ongoing administration of loan portfolios and the underwriting of existing relationships (renewals) to ensure the Bank maintains high credit quality and to provide more time for the relationship managers to generate new business opportunities.
Primary Functions of the Position:
- Underwrites requests for credit extensions to existing clients
- Performs detailed financial analysis for CRE and, on occasion, personal lending opportunities
- Prepares the following for presentation to Senior Loan Committee:
- Credit Approval Request (CAR)
- Covenant Waivers/Amendments
- Periodic Reviews
- Assessment of Real Estate Sponsorship
- Manages / monitors assigned portfolio for:
- Loan Performance
- Accurate and Timely Risk Rating
- Required Financial Reporting
- Covenant Compliance
- Payment Delinquencies
- Ensures compliance with the Bank’s credit policies and procedures, identifying exceptions for approval as they occur
- Responsible for sending “Welcome Package” and schedules Post Closing Kick Off Call with client, ARM, RM and Loan Administrator.
- Facilitates Post-Closing Kick Off Call acting as liaison to ensure lines of communication and responsibility are understood by client.
- Ensures the initial set-up of credit facilities on Baker Hill and other internal systems is consistent with the reporting requirements and covenants contained in the loan documents
- Prepares and presents periodic financial reviews of portfolio.
- Ensures the timely spreading of financial statements provided by clients,
- Conducts site inspections as needed.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of credit analysis and underwriting experience
- Completion of a bank commercial credit training program and experience analyzing commercial / residential real estate projects (income producing properties including retail, office, industrial and multi-family; land acquisition and development loans, and construction loans) strongly preferred
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of investment commercial real estate finance for multiple loan and property types
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and complete assignments in a timely manner with minimal direction
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Proficient in various spreadsheet and word processing applications, including the use of graphs and charts
TriState Capital Bank provides equal employment opportunity and advance in employment to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.