Job Title: Line of Business (LOB) Operational Risk Analyst
Department: Bank Operations
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Summary of the Position:
The Line of Business (LOB) Operational Risk Analyst is responsible for the identification, assessment, monitoring, reporting, and supporting activities required to effectively execute TSC’s Operational Risk Framework.
Primary Functions of the Position:
• Conduct periodic Risk and Control Self-Assessments (RCSA) review for each business unit within Bank Operations.
• Perform proactive control testing for automated and manual controls.
• Lead assessments pertaining to Incidents, Issues, Internal Loss Data, External Loss Data, Scenario Analysis, Risk Appetite, and Key Risk Indicators KRI).
• Provides risk expertise while working with the businesses and other risk partners (e.g., Compliance, Credit, Legal, Audit)
• Leads or influences risk initiatives and business as usual activities. Identifies risk, assesses impact, and makes recommendations on resolution. Reports and escalates risk and program compliance as appropriate.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or related field; Master’s Degree preferred.
• 3+ years of relevant experience with operations, risk, compliance, or legal responsibilities in a commercial bank or similar financial institution.
• In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
• Working knowledge of payments industry trends and regulations including Nacha rules and non-compliance programs • Knowledge of various payment methods including credit card, ACH, Wire Transfer, Remote Deposit Capture, and Real-Time Payments • Knowledge of loan operations • Strong knowledge of economic, accounting, finance, lending, and financial markets • Strong knowledge of practices relating to workflow analysis and design, and policy and procedure development • Knowledge of banking products, services, and systems • Excellent oral and written communication skills • Excellent presentation skills • High reasoning skills including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. • Ability to collaborate and relate well to all kinds of people, build appropriate rapport and constructive, effective relationships, and use tact and diplomacy to handle situations comfortably. • Ability to apply critical thinking to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions or approaches to problems. • Ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries from senior management, professional vendors, and employees. • Ability to speak and write clearly to effectively convey information so that others understand and as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
TriState Capital Bank provides equal employment opportunity and advance in employment to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
TriState Capital Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.