Summary of the Position:
The Risk Management Analyst partners and collaborates with business units, corporate resource departments and external stakeholders to anticipate, identify, understand and manage key operational risks faced by the bank. The Risk Management Analyst will have responsibilities assigned with a specific focus, such as risk monitoring and testing or compliance training, with the expectation that they will assist in all areas as needed.
Primary Functions of the Position:
- Performs monitoring and testing in support of the Bank’s Risk Management System. Prepares analysis of the monitoring and testing results and prepares draft reports and make recommendations to Risk Management for corrective action
- Assists with the review of third-party and internal products, processes, policies and procedures, marketing programs, advertising materials and other consumer communications to identify applicable regulatory risks and related controls
- Gain a deep technical understanding of the key systems used by Risk Management. (Training will be provided).
- Maintain the integrity and quality of the information in each system. This may include partnering with stakeholders in other departments to obtain any missing or outdated information.
- Assist in preparing material and resources for regulatory examinations
- Assists Risk Management in determining appropriate adjustments to the Bank’s compliance risk profile
- Coordinate and manage the implementation of system upgrades.
- Undertake projects that require analysis of the system’s information to support Risk Management decision making.
- Develop dashboards and data visualizations to highlight key risk metrics and other changes in the underlying data.
- Assist in the development, production and maintenance of Risk Management reports and presentations.
- Work closely with other team members to manage requests for system enhancements
- Serve as a resource to others who may be using the systems to extract or upload information. This may include training new users.
- Manage onboarding and ongoing system access for team members and third-party providers.
- Performs other risk related duties as assigned by Risk Management
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business-related field, or equivalent years of experience
- 2-4 years’ experience supporting Risk Management initiatives
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of banking laws and regulations
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient technical writing skills are required – presenting ideas in a clear, concise, understandable, and organized manner
- Proficient data compilation and analysis skills
- Effective planning, organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure. Flexibility and willingness to work at a rapid pace in strict time frames
- Skilled at handling a variety of assignments simultaneously
TriState Capital Bank provides equal employment opportunity and advance in employment to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
TriState Capital Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.