Summary of the Position:
The Equipment Finance Portfolio Manager specializes in Equipment Finance loan or lease requests. This position is accountable for protecting the Bank by providing an unbiased and objective view of the prospective borrower and thoroughly disclosing all identified risks. In addition, this position is responsible for the monitoring and ongoing maintenance of the portfolio, while supporting one or more Relationship Managers in this endeavor.
Primary Functions of the Position:
- Pre-screening Activities
- Reviews potential transactions and determines whether a request should be considered through brief analysis of the client and product requested
- Determines Borrower’s Risk Rating using the tools / matrices provided by the bank
- Prepare spreads in Moody’s or Excel to aid Relationship Manager and Line Management in determining whether to move forward with a request
- Underwriting Activities
- Determines financial information requirements and works with the Relationship Manager to obtain all necessary information to underwrite the credit request through a Credit Approval Request (CAR)
- Prepares due diligence request for items needed to fully underwrite the credit request and work with relevant parties to complete the request
- Reviews and analyzes borrower financial information to determine borrower financial condition and develop cash flow analysis
- Reviews relevant equipment information and prepares equipment analysis for inclusion in the CAR
- Obtains and reviews all third-party reports and include findings in analysis of financial condition of borrower or guarantor
- Identifies and mitigates all risks and discloses in the credit approval memorandum
- Collaborates with the Relationship Manager to structure credit requests that serve the best interest of the customer and bank
- Determines Borrower Risk Rating by completing all required risk rating models and analyses
- Assists in Senior Loan Committee Presentations and answers relevant questions from Committee Members knowledgably and constructively
- Post-approval Activities
- Ensures the loan documents accurately reflect the credit approval
- Ensures credit information is stored according to the Bank’s guidelines
- Ensures funding amounts and structure accurately reflect the credit approval
- Prepares Post-approval Modification to document material changes to the approved credit package, as needed
- Portfolio Management Activities
- Collects and reviews financial statements and covenant compliance information from customers
- Conducts annual or quarterly credit reviews as required on relationships.
- Through ongoing portfolio management, seeks out early warning signs of deteriorating credit trends and make ongoing assessments relative to credit risk ratings (both positive and negative)
- Conducts ongoing research on industries / concepts and identifies trends
- Acts as Secondary Officer to service corporate customers relative to credit servicing including participating in credit related calls with existing and prospective borrowers.
- Additional Requirements
- Ensures compliance with the Bank’s credit policies and procedures, identifying exceptions for approval when they occur
- Accompanies the relationship manager on prospect / client calls when appropriate
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field; MBA preferred
- Minimum 3 years of credit analysis and underwriting experience
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting theory and its practical application in the credit underwriting process
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to read and assess individual and company financial statements, cash flow, industry, competition and projections
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and complete assignments in a timely manner with minimal direction
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Proficient in various spreadsheet applications, including the use of graphs, charts and Moody’s financial analysis software
TriState Capital Bank provides equal employment opportunity and advance in employment to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
TriState Capital Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.