A growing Institutional and Private Asset Management firm is seeking an enthusiastic, detail-oriented Operations Specialist responsible for back-office duties. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, possess exceptional problem solving and analytical skills, be a team player and be able to multi-task a variety of responsibilities. This position is based in Berwyn.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform trade processing and affirmation duties including, posting trades from the trading system into the accounting system intra-day, affirming trades, communicating with internal trading desk, brokers/dealers and custodian banks to resolve any problems affecting contractual settlement.
- Perform portfolio reconciliation duties including, posting contributions/distributions, posting in-kind receipts/disbursements, monitoring cash balances on a daily basis in all accounts and the communication of this information to all interested parties under the direction of the department manager.
- Resolve any problems that arise during the normal valuation/cash management process.
- Reconcile assigned accounts on a daily and monthly basis within a prescribed time frame.
- On-board new accounts, processing changes to account and custodian information under the direction of the department manager.
- Perform various administrative duties under the direction of the department manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the financial services industry, preferably with an investment advisor
- Knowledge of Advent Software products such as APX
- Experience working with Bloomberg suite of tools preferred. Including Bloomberg AIM and Bloomberg Trade Cost Analysis packages.
- Role requires in-office presence.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, be self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented and a team player.
- Diligent follow-up skills
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Exhibit the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong mathematical skills
- Initiative and ability to work extended hours when needed.
Chartwell Investment Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CIP Operations Specialist
TriState Capital Bank provides equal employment opportunity and advance in employment to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
TriState Capital Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.