The Operations Business Analyst will act as a liaison between the Operations LOB area and the technology organization by planning, conducting, and directing the analysis of highly complex business problems to be solved with Workflow, RPA, system-to-system integrations and other automation technology solutions supported by the bank’s technology team. This resource will need to prepare business requirements documents, workflow diagrams and detailed step-by-step operating procedure documents for automation changes. They will also act as an internal consultant within the client’s organization by using quality tools and process definition/improvement to re-engineer technical processes for greater efficiencies. In this role, the incumbent will also be responsible for providing solution consultant guidance to new initiatives or those requiring additional assistance.
Primary Functions of the Position:
- Conducts automation opportunity identification workshops with business subject matter experts to provide an automation opportunity pipeline
- Supports the development of the business analysis requirements to provide to developers of various technology functions
- Completes the opportunity assessments of business opportunities, to include an ‘as is’ and ‘to be’ (i.e. automated/partially automated process) process map, project sizings, and recommended implementation approach
- Manages the automation aspects of funded projects and coordinates with project managers on overall project status
- Coordinates with the business to identify and provide solution designs for production issues and maintenance needs
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of industrial engineering, business systems analysis experience or process re-engineering with a focus on automation
- 1+ years RPA experience with RPA/RDA (Robotic Desktop Automatic) technologies
- 5 years of consulting/management, process design/improvement, operations, and/or analytical experience in Financial Services
- Ability to create Opportunity Assessments and Process Design documentation
- Ability to create high-level business process and robotic solution design
- Prior experience acting as a liaison between the business and project delivery teams during automation transitions
- Prior experience with automation tools and technologies a plus (e.g. BluePrism, Bizagi, or other RPA/BPM technologies)
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- General knowledge of banking, lending, deposits, and financial marketplace a plus.
- Ability to use independent judgement and critical thinking
- Self-Initiative: Willingness to make independent decisions to improve processes that contribute to business objectives
- Creativity: Develop innovative ways to demonstrate to prospects and client’s best practices in using Tristate deposit products and services
- Curiosity: Interested in understanding liquidity and capital markets
- Ethical: Unwavering commitment to doing what is right for the client and for the Bank
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
TriState Capital Bank provides equal employment opportunity and advance in employment to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
TriState Capital Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.