Summary of the Position:
The Operational and Treasury Management Risk Officer is responsible for the identification, assessment and institution of control processes aimed at improving TSC internal systems to control risk. This individual is responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring operational risk areas, including staffing models, product development and project management, and compliance with operational policies.
Primary Functions of the Position:
- Works with all business units and the Chief Risk Officer to develop, implement and update a bank-wide operational risk assessment. The assessment will outline current risk control structures, identify weaknesses, and provide periodic reports to Bank senior management
- Assists in the development of control activities and audit processes to identify, evaluate, and remediate operational risks across all business units
- Identifies gaps in current processes and develop operational risk policies and standards for risk management
- Assists the Chief Risk Officer and Operational line management in developing and implementing measurement processes for operational key risk and control indicators
- Tracks and monitors operating risk issues for all business units and report issues and mitigation strategies to senior management
- Assists business units and senior management to perform operational risk identification and assessments in all business lines
- Assists payments partners, relationship managers and operations partners with daily management of limit breaches, overdraft remediation and breaches of pre-determined risk metrics/parameters
- Assesses highly complex payment customer relationships (and vendors), including Third Party Payment Processors
- Enhances the bank’s payment risk monitoring program, including meeting the risk monitoring requirements of payment card brands and NACHA, and further the development of risk analytics and reporting.
- Conducts enhanced due diligence (EDD) on merchants, partners, and the bank’s clients when appropriate
- Analyzes data to identify trends/anomalies in customer behavior, and investigate suspicious activity
- Assists management in audits and regulatory compliance requirements
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, or related field; Master’s Degree preferred
- 10 years of progressively responsible experience with risk, compliance, or legal responsibilities in a commercial bank or similar financial institution
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of payments industry trends and regulations including NACHA rules and non-compliance programs
- Knowledge of various payment methods including credit card, ACH, RDC and real-time payments
- Strong knowledge of economic, accounting, finance, lending, and financial markets
- Strong knowledge of practices relating to workflow analysis and design, and policy and procedure development
- Knowledge of banking products, services, and systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- High reasoning skills including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to collaborate and relate well to all kinds of people, build appropriate rapport and constructive, effective relationships, and use tact and diplomacy to handle situations comfortably
- Ability to apply critical thinking to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions or approaches to problems
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries from senior management, professional vendors, and employees
- Ability to speak and write clearly in order to effectively convey information so that others understand and as appropriate for the needs of the audience
TriState Capital Bank provides equal employment opportunity and advance in employment to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
TriState Capital Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.