Job Title: Internship, Commercial Real Estate (CRE)
Location: Cleveland, Philadelphia or Pittsburgh
Description of Internship:
With Portfolio Managers (CRE Credit) and Credit Analysts, Interns will…
• Complete various aspects of credit approvals, including but not limited to the review and development of financial statement spreads; calculation of key financial ratios; analysis of the guarantors’ and borrowers’ financial wherewithal to service the loan.
• Input spreads to Economic Template (cash flow model) and Sponsorship Template (PFS model)
• Input leasing information into standardized Rent Roll Template
• Leverage various market research tools to gain critical market data for a prospective transaction.
• Attend prescreen and loan committee meetings
• Summarize and communicate the basic aspects of credit performance in a commercial real estate transaction.
With Loan Administrators and Portfolio Analysts, Interns will…
Learn the various aspects closers and portfolio analysts utilize to ensure accuracy of loan system data.
• Review and assist closers with checking coding and loan terms input properly.
• Review and assist portfolio analyst with documentation necessary for CECL input.
• Review and assist loan administrators to ensure proper credit a loan coding and PM assignment (FiServ).
With Portfolio Managers (CRE Risk), Interns will….
Assist in the collection and review of various financial statements and operating reports from Borrowers and Sponsors
• Contact clients for the receipt of coming due financial reporting
• Test DSCR Covenants for compliance
With Relationship Managers and Associate Relationship Managers, Interns will….
• Develop an understanding of the critical first steps to sourcing and reviewing new loan opportunities
• Accompany RM and PM to client meeting to introduce intern to business meetings or third parties
• Attend networking event such as ULI, NAIOP, CREW Network, CREFC, or Corridors of Opportunity
• Assist in the preparation of a prescreen.
With Team Leads, Interns will…
Perform other duties and complete special projects as necessary to support the goals and objectives of the CRE Credit Department.
Upon completion of the 10-week program, Interns will …
• Be able to assess the credit worthiness of prospective loan transactions and document aspects of current loan performance.
• Demonstrate proper business table etiquette.
• Participate in a community service project.
• Travel to other market(s) to attend small group CRE credit department meeting.
• Present a quarterly periodic review (QPR) to Senior Management.
• Expand knowledge of networking and career opportunities in the field of commercial real estate.
• Consideration for full-time placement upon completion of the internship and graduation of an accredited 4-year college/university.
TriState Capital Bank provides equal employment opportunity and advance in employment to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
TriState Capital Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.