This new position will formalize and enhance the financial planning and analysis (FP&A) function for Tristate Capital Bank. This role will work closely with the capital markets and finance teams to lead budget and forecast planning, support financial analysis (i.e. budget vs. actual variance), and work closely with business leaders to help understand their financial impact across the organization. This position will maintain the budget software and continue to develop reports and analytics that can be used by all levels of management and across departments.
Primary Functions of the Position:
- Build and develop the financial planning & analysis (FP&A) function for the Bank, especially improvements to existing system capabilities and processes.
- Manage day-to-day financial planning activities, including participation in regular reforecasting activities.
- Work closely with the accounting and finance leadership team and other department leaders to forecast, budget, and report operating activities.
- Develop, maintain and automate financial analytical reports and dashboards.
- Provide analysis of financial results, budgets, financial reports, and key financial ratios.
- Communicate regularly with the finance, operations and technology teams to understand changes or variances to their plans.
- Continuously work on improvements to the current forecast process and streamline the reporting process to the management team as well as the operational teams.
- Maximize the utility of the Axiom Planning and Profitability software, the Prologue Financials and any future incarnations of FP&A software tools.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures and identify opportunities to enhance existing procedures to improve control, measurement and/or productivity.
- Work closely with key stakeholders across the company to share and develop best practices.
- Participate in strategic planning for the organization.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, or Accounting.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a plus.
- 5 to 10 years of progressive FP&A experience.
- Experience working in the Banking industry is highly preferred.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional experience in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, various FP&A tools and general ledger systems.
- Experience with Axiom Planning and Profitability and/or Prologue Financials is a plus.
- Experience in creating forecasts for individual departments and the ability to create departmental spend analysesin support of financial close process.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
TriState Capital Bank provides equal employment opportunity and advance in employment to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
TriState Capital Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.