Summary of the Position:
The Commercial Closer coordinates the loan closing process for new loans and modifications to existing loans within the C&I and CRE portfolio. This includes performing necessary due diligence (i.e. flood work, engaging inspectors & environmental engineers, review of insurance), reviewing loan approvals and draft documents, ensuring all closing conditions have been met and scheduling closings.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Liaise with Bank Counsel to review complex loan documents
- Participate actively in deal closing calls that include internal and external deal team members and counsel
- Ensure documentation accurately reflect the conditions and structure set forth in the credit approval
- Work with Relationship Manager/Underwriter to understand the transaction and make sure that all relevant documentation and necessary due diligence is obtained
- Prepare funding requests and ensure accurate and complete funding information to ensure a timely closing
- Resolve post-closing loan requirements and clear exceptions.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Post-secondary degree preferred
- Minimum 4 years of experience, including 2 years of bank operations processing, loan closings or related experience
- Commercial Real Estate experience
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of loan documentation and lending regulations and ability to effectively interface with customers, internal and external counsel, compliance, credit, title companies, inspectors, insurance companies and other external contacts
- Job may require additional hours of work during peak periods to meet service levels
- Must demonstrate strong follow-up skills and the ability to prioritize tasks effectively
TriState Capital Bank provides equal employment opportunity and advance in employment to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
TriState Capital Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.