Summary of the Position:
Support the SVP – Capital Markets in organizing the group’s line of business management of leading risk management practices, meeting compliance and regulatory mandates, developing risk management and model governance tools related to capital markets functions and liquidity and capital planning, including interfacing with internal audit and, external audit, and regularly interfacing with Risk, Compliance, Audit, and Accounting and Finance functions.
This includes support of the Bank’s: Asset/Liability Management Committee (“ALCO”), securities portfolio, treasury activity, derivatives portfolio, and tax credit investment portfolio.
Primary Functions of the Position:
• Take primary responsibility for the group’s policy updates and reviews including full overhauls of existing policies where necessary based on current statutory guidance and market-based best practices
• Take primary responsibility for incorporating new statutory requirements or market-based best practices as they pertain to the Capital Markets group
• Work with Capital Markets modeling team to understand and synthesize complex modeling and analytics into dashboards for reporting to senior management and board of directors
• Work with SVP – Capital Markets and other members of ALCO and executive management to establish repeatable and timely materials regarding stress testing, capital planning, net interest margin forecasting and re-forecasting, etc.
• Establish Capital Markets procedures where they do not currently exist and monitor and oversee internal controls for which the Capital Markets team is responsible
• Track metrics for initiatives or strategies undertaken by the Capital Markets group to ensure accurate assessment of decision making
• Work with the Bank’s Risk Group on Model Risk Management related to Capital Markets line of business models
• Assist SVP – Capital Markets with the ongoing administration and execution of the bank’s Vision 2021+ initiative – a multi-year risk governance and risk management enhancement plan as the bank grows beyond $10 billion in assets
• Gain experience and provide support to the Capital Markets team on other day to day activities where necessary
• Support the capital market group’s response to any ALCO, liquidity, securities portfolio, and derivative related information requests from auditors and examiners.
• Act as the main point of contact with the Risk, Compliance, and Audit groups to ensure timely updates to Capital Markets group’s responsibilities.
Education and Experience:
• 5-10 years of experience in banking, financial services or capital markets
• Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, etc.
• MBA in Finance, Economics, Accounting or Strategy is preferable Essential Skills and Abilities:
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail
• General working knowledge of the capital markets as it pertains to banking
• Working knowledge of bank regulatory expectations for liquidity and capital management and stress testing
• Strong writing, critical-thinking, presentation, and analytical skills including the ability to synthesize dense and complex information into easy-to-understand visual representations of concepts and strategies
• Ability to assess and effectively manage risks associated with business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support TSC’s Enterprise Risk Management Framework
• Ability to work in an environment of consistent change and reprioritization
TriState Capital Bank provides equal employment opportunity and advance in employment to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
TriState Capital Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.