Summary of the Position:
The Business Systems Analyst (Data Services) role will support the reporting and data needs of the business by defining, developing, configuring, and supporting reporting, analytics applications, data management and flow. The BSA evaluates requirements for enterprise system solutions and reports and identifies and leads the building of the best solutions to meet the data needs of the business. The BSA will solicit, understand, and document the business requirements, processes and workflows, developing both written and visual depictions of requirements and process flows. The BSA will also participate in supporting and administering essential applications and reports maintained within the Enterprise Applications/Business Intelligence Group.
Primary Functions of the Position:
- Works with business users to understand requirements and processes and make recommendations for solutions/improvement
- Oversees technical implementation of projects from inception to completion
- Responsible as a backup for the monitoring, execution, support, triage, and communication of daily data processes.
- Improves existing Data Services and Enterprise Applications by recommending/implementing BA best practices and methodology and designing data-driven solutions by utilizing their experience with relational and analytical database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Utilizes ETL tools and ETL development to perform system integrations and report data preparation
- Technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development, and data modeling
- Works closely with data architects, business systems analysts, project managers, developers, and business stakeholders/users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
- Creates and maintains technical documentation and process documentation
- Assists users with daily and periodic technology requirements
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or technology-related degree
- Minimum 4 years of experience delivering and supporting BI/BA activities and data-driven solutions
- Minimum 4 years of experience supporting enterprise reporting and data visualization solutions
- Minimum 4 years of experience with databases, data modeling and data warehouses, such as Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Power BI, and related tools
- Minimum 4 years of experience importing/exporting data (ETL) for use in application systems integration, report software, spreadsheets, and business use
- Minimum 4 years of experience performing business requirements analysis
- Experience in banking and/or financial services would be highly beneficial
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates excellent critical thinking and problem-solving abilities; superb written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Able to respond, when needed, 24/7 if system issues arise
- Effectively work in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Troubleshoot issues quickly and provide fixes in a timely manner
- Adapt quickly to changing priorities and manage multiple deadlines
TriState Capital Bank provides equal employment opportunity and advance in employment to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
TriState Capital Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.