Summary of the Position:
The Associate Corporate Counsel is responsible for supporting the General Counsel, other attorneys in the Legal Department, and other business units as needed, in providing legal advice and counsel to the Bank on a wide variety of corporate matters.
Primary Functions of the Position:
- Counsel bankers on structuring and documenting a variety of credit and banking transactions.
- Provide transactional support, including the review, negotiation and drafting of credit and collateral documentation, confidentiality agreements, indicative term sheets and other proposals, commitment letters, amendments, and waivers
- Serves as an on-site, accessible legal resource to assist in the negotiation, review, and servicing of private banking Securities Backed Lines of Credit (“SBLOCs”) within the risk and legal policies, procedures, and culture of the Bank.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships various SBLOC partners and their respective advisors and clients as well as internal groups such as the loan operations and relationship managers teams by handling issues in a timely and appropriate manner
- Provides prompt assistance in reviewing and draft modifications and amendments to existing commercial loans
- Serves as a legal resource for swap transactions. Drafts all swap documentation for all private banking and commercial / industrial and real estate loans
- Serves as legal resource to relationship managers, credit personnel and operations group regarding urgent legal questions / issues that require immediate attention
- Provides legal counsel to the Bank’s businesses to assist with their development and delivery of cash management and treasury management services, including all deposit and treasury management program documentation.
- Negotiates letters of credit with borrowers and confirming banks and outside counsel, as necessary
- Assist the internal legal team on all corporate, legal and regulatory matters affecting the Bank and its subsidiaries, including, but not limited to: general contracts; third-party agreements; management of external counsel; management of litigation and other disputes; and industry-related compliance issues
- Maintain expertise with industry-related legal, governance, compliance, and regulatory issues. Help ensure that all organizational activities are carried out in compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations applicable to the business, operations or activities of TriState Capital Bank and its subsidiaries
- Keep informed on legislation, regulation and other developments affecting the various operations and interests of the Bank and its subsidiaries
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school; bar admission in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Minimum 8 years of experience of relevant commercial finance transactional legal experience at a law firm and/or in-house legal department at a bank or other financial services company
- Expertise required in estate planning and trust administration and/or Article 8 of the Uniform Commercial Code.
- The strategic vision to anticipate legal issues for different businesses and business models
- Knowledge of the legal and regulatory requirements for commercial banking businesses is required
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal, and team skills, including the ability to build consensus on difficult legal and business issues
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage projects independently and lead projects to successful completion, often under tight time constraints
- Collegial; able to build and maintain good relationships with clients and colleagues
- Demonstrated problem solving and project management skills, judgment and character
TriState Capital Bank provides equal employment opportunity and advance in employment to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
TriState Capital Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.