Summary of the Position:
The Capital Markets Sales Support Manager will provide ongoing administration and maintenance of the Bank’s Interest Rate Swap Program. They will ensure that we are maximizing swap process efficiencies across both the Commercial Bank and Private Bank.
Primary Functions of the Position:
- Support Sales Team to determine correct borrowing structure and ECP qualifications for new applications or existing lines of credit
- Responsible for ongoing improvements to the swap process within the Bank’s CRM
- Responsible for organizing and conducting kickoff calls with internal partners, FAs, and clients
- Ownership of pre-trade client experience, inter-departmental workflow completion, and ensuring SLAs are met
- Coordinates with Sales on loan document delivery and conducts remote closing if necessary
- Work with Capitals Markets Derivative Sales Manager and Sales to schedule and execute interest rate swap transactions
- Team with the CRE Admin group on any statement inquires
- Work with Capital Markets, Sales, Legal, and Credit to maintain up-to-date SalesForce pipelines
- Work with Legal and Capital Markets to generate, distribute, and ensure the return of swap documents (ISDA and ECP documents) and ensure dual controls across the Capital Markets platform
- Work closely with Capital Markets Derivative Sales Manager regarding swap pricing, preparation, and execution
- Work with Capital Markets to generate ad hoc borrower valuation reports and borrower swap interest reports
- Assist Sales and external clients in registering and renewing Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) numbers
- Work with credit and operations to manage and report on mark-to market exposures, limit monitoring, forward swap funding timing, etc.
- Support Capital Markets Derivative Sales Manager, VP Capital Markets Specialist, Capital Markets Risk Manager, SVP Financial Analyst, and EVP of Capital Markets with monthly / quarterly reporting requests
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, or equivalent years of experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Financial Services; Capital Markets experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- SalesForce experience preferred
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of capital markets
- Keen attention to detail and understanding of loan closing and swap process requirements
- Strong understanding of FA/client relationships and communication practices
- Solid work ethic and ability to be self-directed
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Organized with strong attention to detail
- Strong independent problem solving, project management, and analytical skills
- Customer service driven
TriState Capital Bank provides equal employment opportunity and advance in employment to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
TriState Capital Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.